Bitnami Community Catalog Overview
Bitnami Community Catalog enables Managed Service Providers (MSPs) in the VMware cloud provider ecosystem to offer validated open-source applications to developers at scale and with ease.
At its core, the Bitnami engine packages, secures and continuously updates hundreds of wildly popular open-source solutions. For developers, Bitnami offers application content that can be easily deployed across any cloud – public and hybrid – and in the most optimal format – VMs, containers and Kubernetes helm charts.
With Bitnami Community Catalog, MSPs can:
Leverage Bitnami’s well-architected application packaging technology
Ensure prompt and continuous maintenance of 180+ widely popular open-source applications
Run open-source solutions with confidence
Drive adoption with well-documented, community-supported and deploy-ready applications
Keep service catalogs fresh and maintained
Simplify hybrid and multi-cloud transformations
Cloud Provider Challenges
The cloud computing paradigm has transformed the software development process from slow and siloed to agile and collaborative. To build applications in today’s world, developers require flexibility, choice, convenience, ease of use – and a wide set of popular open-source tools. Cloud providers must attract and meet these developer needs in order to stay effective.
Some challenges faced by cloud providers today include:
Attracting developer workloads: VMware cloud providers currently do not have easy access to these open source platforms and developers are relying a lot more on open source to increase the speed of cloud-native application deployment
Cloud native development infrastructure: Developers are looking for advanced container and Kubernetes based pre-packaged solutions to build and deploy cloud native applications. Cloud providers can offer VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid as a comprehensive toolkit for container provisioning and orchestration across multi-cloud
Lifecycle management: Enterprises and developers today struggle with finding, building, integrating and maintaining open-source components, especially at scale. Cloud providers can address this need by maintaining and updating CI/CD of open source tools and providing a single place where developers can consume, build, and deploy cloud native applications
Use Cases for Bitnami Community Catalog
Attract Developer Workloads
- Expand multi-cloud services & address the needs of Developers & DevOps
- Attract new workloads, such as Test/Dev environments
- Get deployment ready apps and components on multiple platforms
- Fast path to deploying and managing containerized applications. For workloads better suited as a VM, deploy the virtual machine images
Offer Kubernetes and Containers as a Managed Service
- Enterprises can BYOA (Bring Your Own Application)
- Build their apps from open source and micro-services on offer
- Deploy apps as containers across multi-clouds
- Developers can build, run and manage apps
- Use Tanzu Kubernetes Grid to provision, orchestrate, manage container deployments
Offer Additional Application Managed Services
- All apps and components in BCC are available to offer as managed app services
- Move beyond IaaS into application managed services
Sign up for Bitnami Community Catalog today!
Please reach out to our sales team if you would like to learn more about how you could sign up for Bitnami Community Catalog.
Bitnami Community Catalog on Cloud Provider Hub
- MSP Bitnami Handbooks
- MSP Pricing Guide
- MSP End-to-End Getting Started Guide
- FAQ for Bitnami on Cloud Provider Hub
- Solution Brief