Cloud-native technologies are at the heart of digital disruption in every industry. The need to embrace cloud-native practices has never been more immediate. VMworld 2017 is just around the corner, and we have a comprehensive lineup of sessions tailored to address this expansive topic. In this post, we have identified the top sessions in the cloud-native applications track that you do not want to miss at VMworld.
We start off our list with two must-attend sessions that feature Paul Fazzone, GM of Cloud-Native Apps Business Unit at VMware.
1. Cloud Native for Today and Future: Strategy for Modernizing Apps, Microservices and Serverless [CNA1298SU] – Wednesday, Aug. 30, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
This comprehensive Spotlight session will address VMware’s cloud-native vision, strategy and technologies. Joining Paul Fazzone on stage will be Pivotal’s Joshua McKenty for a discussion on how enterprises can leverage cloud-native solutions for digital transformation and rapid innovation.
2. Transforming the Data Center to Deliver Any Application on Any Platform [MDC7000KU] – Tuesday, Aug. 29, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
In this keynote, explore how customers are using VMware’s innovative, software-defined architecture to modernize infrastructure, automate IT and deploy modern cloud-native applications. This session will feature the latest demos, products and solutions that are helping enterprises deliver business agility and better outcomes.
Below are 10 more VMworld sessions we have curated that will help you build the expertise you need to navigate the rapidly evolving cloud-native applications space.
1. Best Practices and Insights on Navigating the Cloud Native Journey: An Insider Perspective from Industry’s Leading Solution Providers [CNA3158PU] – Wednesday, Aug. 30, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
This session features speakers from Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant and HCL discussing the leading trends in the cloud-native space. You will learn about the strategic priorities, challenges and pitfalls that providers address to set the customers up for success.
2. Container Deployments: Real World Stories with Our Customers [CNA1766PU] – Monday, Aug. 28, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
In this panel discussion, you will hear from our customers (RIT, CMU, Wells Fargo, Garmin International Inc.) about their experiences, challenges and success stories in deploying containerized workloads on VMware vSphere.
3. What’s New with Containers on SDDC [CNA3045BU] – Tuesday, Aug. 29, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Stay updated on all the latest developments for Containers on SDDC, including Docker, vSphere Integrated Containers and Kubernetes. Gain key insights from the container use cases that will be presented in this session to enable application modernization and developer agility.
4. Containers 101 for the vSphere Admin [CNA1466BU] – Monday, Aug. 28, 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Get a generic technical overview of containers tailored to vSphere administrators. Learn about the benefits and use cases of containers, and the latest VMware technologies in this space.
5. Developer-Ready Infrastructure from VMware & Pivotal [CNA1509BU] – Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Merlin Glynn from VMware will be joined by Ramiro Salas from Pivotal in this session covering real-world integrations and best practices to operate Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) with VMware developer-ready infrastructure.
Don’t miss this session if you want to learn how to build, deliver and operationalize a production-grade container service that is ready for developers.
7. Demystifying Kubernetes: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started [CNA2603GU] – Monday, Aug. 28, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
This “Getting Started with Kubernetes” session will be entirely devoted to those who only have a passing familiarity with Kubernetes. This session will also feature a demo and discussion of VMware technologies for auto-deploying Kubernetes on VMware virtual infrastructure.
8. Basics of Kubernetes on BOSH: Run Production-grade Kubernetes on the SDDC [CNA3429BU] – Wednesday, Aug. 30, 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Another collaborative session between VMware and Pivotal, this one will focus on Day 2 operational needs of Kubernetes. Get an overview of Kubo, or Kubernetes on BOSH, an open source project contributed by Pivotal and Google to Cloud Foundry Foundation.
9. Deep Dive: How to Deploy and Operationalize Kubernetes [CNA2080BU] – Tuesday, Aug. 29, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This deep dive session will walk you through the different services that Kubernetes provides to run cloud-native apps painlessly. There will also be demos showing you how to deploy Kubernetes clusters on SDDC using BOSH.
10. Use Cases: Deploying Real-World Workloads on Kubernetes and Pivotal Cloud Foundry [CNA1612BU] – Wednesday, Aug. 30, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Get a detailed look at the common enterprise use cases for Kubernetes. VMware and Pivotal teams will share insights on deployment scenarios, lessons learned and key takeaways from Kubernetes deployments.
Be sure to check out this field guide for a complete list of events the Cloud-Native Applications business unit will be holding at VMworld.