Many of you already know VMware Cloud on AWS is going to celebrate one-year anniversary at VMworld 2018. We are proud to share, in just 12 months, a tremendous momentum has built up in the VMware Cloud on AWS partner community. Both Technology Alliance Partners (ISVs) and go-to-market (GTM) partners like System Integrators/System Outsourcers, Managed Service Providers, Solution Providers are growing in number and creating new revenue streams by helping their customers deploy hybrid cloud and transform their business using VMware Cloud on AWS. As customers embark onto this digital transformation journey, they are entrusting our partners with accelerating their cloud migration and modernizing their applications.
Here, in this post, we would like to share some important milestones we achieved within last year in VMware Cloud on AWS partner community:
Technology Alliance Partners:
As a member of the TAP program, ISVs can participate in VMware Cloud on AWS Partner Ready program or the VMware Ready for vSAN program.
- Under VMware Cloud on AWS Partner Ready program, ISVs extend their on-premise solution capabilities to the cloud and ensure consistent user experience and functionality on VMware Cloud on AWS. This increases customers’ confidence in their solutions. Validated solutions are showcased on VMware Solution Exchange(VSX) and they get a ‘Partner Ready’ badge to promote the solutions and increase market awareness.
- The VMware Ready for vSAN program enables VMware and partners to certify their Data Protection solutions with VMware Cloud on AWS. Certified solutions get a ‘VMware Ready’ badge and showcase their products on the VMware Compatibility Guide (VCG) and VMware Solution Exchange (VSX).
And here are some of the key achievements under this program:
- Within a year, we have over 100 VMware Cloud on AWS Partner Ready validated solutions.
- As of today, five partners have certified their backup solutions on VMware Cloud on AWS using VMware Ready for vSAN program. This backup certification program gives partners and customers the confidence that their solution can support VMware Cloud on AWS as we continue to update the platform on a regular basis. Learn more about VMware Ready for vSAN here
Here are few of the emerging and strategic TAP partners that were added onto VMware Cloud on AWS last year:
- Dell-EMC: Dell EMC was the first VMware partner to provide VMware certified data protection for VMware Cloud on AWS with their Data Protection Software that provides enterprise-grade data protection, best-in-class deduplication, and integrated management for on-premises and cloud workloads. Dell EMC offers a bundle for customers wanting to protect their VMware Cloud on AWS environments that includes Dell EMC Data Protection Software (both NetWorker and Avamar) and Data Domain Virtual Edition (DD VE)
- TrendMicro: Trend Micro Deep Security provides layered protection and visibility for VMware Cloud on AWS. With support for VMware’s primary use cases like Dev/Test, Application Migration, and Data Backup and Recovery, customers can confidently extend to the cloud with security designed to protect their workloads from unknown threats as well as known threats like WannaCry, Erebus, and more.
- 3. Druva: Druva Phoenix provides unified backup and archiving for VMware Cloud on AWS VMs. As a cloud native service, Phoenix delivers significantly lower TCO via integrated workloads, global dedupe, ever-incremental backups, auto storage tiering and a pay only for what you use pricing model.
- Equinix: Just recently, we onboarded Equinix as a Direct Connect Partner. Equinix, the leader in global interconnection, is the world’s largest AWS Direct Connect provider. This enables customers to run applications and migrate workloads between on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS environments via Equinix Cloud Exchange more securely, quickly and reliably anywhere in the world.
- Hitachi: Hitachi offers various VMware Cloud on AWS validated solutions such as Hitachi Data Ingestor, Hitachi Content Platform, HCP Anywhere, Hitachi Content Intelligence, and more. These solutions provide cloud storage services, data intelligence and business insights services, and enterprise mobility services to the customers.
- Palo Alto Networks: Combined with the power of Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform, the integrated offering delivers consistent and automated protection against cyber threats, including threat prevention technologies and advanced endpoint protection, to customers of VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Veeam: Veeam offers customers leveraging VMware Cloud on AWS the ability to deploy the same proven solutions simply, efficiently and seamlessly by protecting workloads across all clouds while allowing customers to leverage their existing investments in VMware Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) technologies.
- NetApp: NetApp ONTAP Cloud introduces NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI data management for AWS EBS storage and tiering to S3 storage. Customers can now use ONTAP Cloud to provide block and file storage to VMware Cloud on AWS guest operating systems for dev/test, disaster recovery, production applications, and more.
Go-To-Market Partners (System Integrators/System outsourcers, Managed Service Providers, Solution Providers)
After the announcement of the VMware Cloud on AWS partner programs in March 2018, we’ve seen tremendous growth in our partner network. Solution providers, managed service providers (MSPs) and system integrators/system outsourcers are interested in growing their hybrid cloud business with this unique offering.
Here are some of the key highlights on GTM partner side within last two quarters:
- Exceptional partner interest in the Solution Competency program: Although, the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Competency has a high bar compared to other VMware solution competencies, partners are investing their time and resources to achieve the competency. We have 150+ partners that achieved the solution competency in just 6 months. They told us, after achieving the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Competency, they are able to differentiate their business and get a very good return on their investment.
- These partners are from around the world in different geographical regions, and include solution providers, global system integrators and managed service providers.
What’s next for Customers:
- Check out the list of validated partner solutions on VMware Solution Exchange and see how you can leverage the partner offerings for your business needs.
- Search for VMware Cloud on AWS competent partners and connect with the appropriate partner to help you with your use case
Did you miss some of the partner led sessions at VMworld 2018? No problem. Here are the recordings for some of the partner led sessions that you should check out.
Learn more about some of the partner solutions and how it will benefit your business in hybrid cloud transformation:
|HYP3822BU||VMware Data Protection Simplicity Meets Power- Converged, Cloud and Beyond|
|VAP1088BU||App Failover on VMware Cloud on AWS Protected by License Fortress|
|HYP3720BUS||Automatic Failover to AWS When a Wildfire Approaches Your Data Center|
|HYP3694BUS||Disaster Recovery with Lenovo ThinkAgile VX and VMware Cloud on AWS|
|HYP2982BU||GenPro- Leveraging VMware Cloud on AWS and Faction for Disaster Recovery|
|HYP3704BUS||Veeam and VMware – Intelligent Data Management for the Hybrid World|
|SAI2335BUS||Enabling Hybrid Cloud Security for NSX and VMWare Cloud on AWS|
Resources- VMware Cloud on AWS:
Follow VMware Cloud on AWS on Twitter: @vmwarecloudaws
Give us a shout on Twitter: #VMWonAWS