VMware is delivering on its cloud vision through industry leading Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) capabilities for the private and hybrid clouds and through SaaS services which support the hybrid cloud environments our customers operate. We have extended our private cloud leadership by building a robust VMware Cloud on AWS offering in partnership with the leading public cloud provider, and we also continue to expand our VMware Cloud Provider Partner network. Today we are excited to announce the next step in expanding our hybrid cloud ecosystem: VMware Cloud Marketplace.
Announced today at VMworld as a Tech Preview, VMware Cloud Marketplace enables VMware customers to discover and deploy validated third-party solutions and services for VMware-based SDDCs, such as VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Cloud Provider Partners. Users will be able to search, browse, filter, download, subscribe, and deploy critical third-party solutions and services to hybrid cloud environments.
VMworld Tech Preview Release
The VMware Cloud Marketplace will offer the ability to browse and filter validated third-party products and solutions, view technical and operational details, facilitate Bring Your Own License (BYOL) deployments, support commercial transactions, and deliver unified invoices. We plan to open Cloud Marketplace to a limited Beta audience following VMworld and are working on additional features and capabilities for future releases. We envision the Cloud Marketplace will quickly expand, introducing new third-party vendors and products over time and becoming the de-facto source for customers to extend the capabilities of VMware-based SDCCs, such as VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Cloud Provider Partner environments.
Partners and Customers – How to Get Involved!
If you’re interested in learning more and staying up to date with Cloud Marketplace communications and future releases, please visit our Cloud Marketplace webpage at: https://cloud.vmware.com/cloud-marketplace. There, click on the “Get Started” button for details on how to register as a customer or partner for our Beta program. Customers that are already running VMware Cloud on AWS can sign up as a potential Beta participant. Partners can learn more about the process to get your solutions listed in a future release of Cloud Marketplace, and you can also find more details within Partner Central. We are always looking for feedback on how to make Cloud Marketplace as useful and beneficial as possible for our partners and customers, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Delivering a Superior Customer Experience
As customers consume VMware products in hybrid Software Defined Data Centers (SDDCs) spanning on-premises and public cloud environments, as well as pure SaaS environments (managed cloud services), they need access to the third-party ecosystem of solutions and tools they’ve come to rely upon. The goal of the VMware Cloud Marketplace is to enable our customers to easily find, access, and deploy value-added solutions across their SDDCs.
Key Benefits of Cloud Marketplace
- Discovery – Quickly explore and discover third-party solutions and services across numerous categories
- Validation – Customers can trust the quality of solutions offered because they are validated and tested by ecosystem partners across VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Cloud Provider Partners throughout the solution lifecycle
- Ease of Use – Customers gain access to the solutions and services when and where they need them
- Ease of Business – Through integration with CSPs, customers will receive a single unified invoice from VMware showing VMware products/services as well as those from third-parties, all in one place
- Hybrid Cloud Support – Customers have freedom from cloud lock-in for third-party content, allowing VMware to offer new hybrid cloud deployment capabilities not possible with any single cloud provider
- Simplified Lifecycle Management – VMware Cloud Marketplace leverages VMware Cloud Assembly, which enables customers to easily build, provision and iterate on infrastructure and applications in line with DevOps principles
Cloud Marketplace Tech Preview Partners
As a marketplace service, our offering is defined by the Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partners and solutions we list. To that end, we have worked with eight fantastic partners over the past few months to validate their software for deployment through Cloud Marketplace. We offer thanks and congratulations to the partners above for their hard work, and with their help we’ll build VMware Cloud Marketplace into an exceptional platform for growth!