Customer Challenges with respect to Data Protection in the Cloud:
As more organizations adopt the cloud to expand their production environment, many have to continue running the same data protection workflows as when they were solely on-premises. Using different data protection solutions for on-premises and cloud environments can create data silos, increase operational complexity and data protection costs, and make meeting backup windows and RTOs/RPOs more difficult. To avoid this problem, organizations adopting the cloud to expand their production environment, are looking for a way to continue running the same data protection workflows they’ve already established on-premises.
Introducing Dell EMC Data Protection for VMware Cloud on AWS
With the introduction of Dell EMC for VMware Cloud™ on AWS, users are able to overcome this challenge when expanding on-premises environments to the cloud. To provide this capability to users, we’ve been working closely with Dell EMC, who were the first VMware partner certified to provide data protection for VMware Cloud on AWS when the service was introduced at VMworld 2017.
Just as VMware Cloud on AWS enables vAdmins to manage cloud resources with familiar VMware tools, Dell EMC seamlessly integrates cloud and on-premises data protection. This allows users to use the same data protection tools in the cloud that they already use on-premises, without needing to upskill.
Dell EMC Data Protection for VMware Cloud on AWS – Overview Video
The latest enhancement to Dell EMC’s data protection for VMware Cloud adds disaster recovery to VMware Cloud on AWS. With this new capability, organizations can failover on-demand to VMware Cloud on AWS in case of a disaster event – spin off and run VMs in their own VMware Cloud on AWS environment and vMotion the VMs back to on premises when the disaster event is resolved.
Just because you’re moving apps to the cloud doesn’t mean data protection is any less important. With Dell EMC’s enterprise-grade data protection, you can leverage the same data protection solution for VMware Cloud on AWS workloads as your on-premises workloads. Using a single solution to protect hybrid cloud workloads simplifies administration and lowers the total cost of ownership.
Dell EMC Data Protection provides VMware Cloud on AWS customers with a number of advantages:
- Proven data protection for the enterprise public cloud
- Seamless integration with on-premises data protection
- Industry best-in-class deduplication, allowing for lowered consumption costs
- Ability to utilize VMware Cloud on AWS as an on-demand cloud DR site with Cloud DR failover to VMware Cloud on AWS
- Increased resiliency through protection of VMware workloads on AWS storage
- Native integration with VMware management tools for improved automation
Introduction to Dell EMC Data Protection for VMware Cloud on AWS – VMware User Group Session
Want to learn more?
Check out these resources to learn more Dell EMC Data Protection for VMware Cloud on AWS:
- Solution Brief: Dell EMC Data Protection for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Blog: Dell EMC Data Protection for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Blog: Dell EMC Simplifies Protection for VMware Cloud on AWS Workloads With New Bundle
- Webinar: Easier and faster VMware protection – On premises and in the cloud – Dell EMC, VMware and ESG
- DellEMC Data Protection on VMware Solution Exchange
- VMworld US Session: VMware Data Protection Simplicity Meets Power: Converged, Cloud and Beyond (HYP3822BU)
- VMworld EMEA (November 5-9 in Barcelona) Session: VMware Data protection: Simplicity Meets Power (HYP3822BE): Data and Time TBD
- AWS re:Invent
- Find out more about Dell EMC Data Protection for VMware Cloud on AWS by visiting the VMware booth at AWS re;Invent (November 26-30, Las Vegas)
- Dell EMC, VMware and AWS will also be hosting a customer appreciation party at AWS re:Invent. Please talk to your corresponding account representative and register and join us for all the fun.
Visit our website to learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS.