This is part two of our series exploring VMware Cloud on AWS ecosystem partners, their service offerings and how they can help enterprises achieve their ideal cloud infrastructure.
Part one of the series explored Dell EMC data protection for VMware Cloud on AWS.
Part two will detail how VMware Cloud on AWS and Equinix collaborate together to provide enterprises a private, secure and faster connection via AWS Direct connect.
- Company initiative to consolidate or reduce private data center use by migrating existing workloads to the co-location with access to cloud, to reduce cap-ex costs.
- Enterprises need to adopt the cloud to build hybrid infrastructure, but this can be complex, expensive and slow to meet global performance and user experience needs.
- IT infrastructure should comply with data sovereignty and regional compliance regulations required to run global businesses.
- Enterprises are exposed to a data security and privacy risk while architecting hybrid cloud applications.
- VMware and Equinix have a compelling and differentiated solution to help enterprises build hybrid cloud solutions, using VMware Cloud on AWS and AWS Direct Connect at Equinix Data Centers.
- Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, has 200 data centers in 52 metro markets, including 25 AWS Direct Connect locations. Equinix and VMware have a long-standing global relationship featuring deployments all over the world. Equinix is also a trusted partner of AWS.
- With VMware Cloud on AWS, enterprises can seamlessly migrate or extend workloads from on-premises to the AWS cloud without the need for application re-architecture or conversion. Now, using Equinix and AWS Direct Connect, organizations have the ability to build hybrid infrastructure which will provide high performance and security to their users and partners, along with connectivity to an ecosystem of providers via Platform Equinix.
- Equinix’s 200 Data Centers are connected via Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric, which provides customers direct access to various cloud providers, SaaS providers and a rich ecosystem of service providers, along with VMware Cloud on AWS.
Using VMware Cloud on AWS and Platform Equinix®, customers can manage complex hybrid cloud issues, such as:
- Disaster recovery: Granularly protect on-premises workloads with cost effective full or partial disaster recovery (DR) and backup in the cloud.
- Workload migration: Migrate workloads from a simple vSphere platform on-premises to a fully software-defined data center in VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Data center extension: Extend a data center on-premises to VMware Cloud on AWS. Expand geographic reach and meet on-demand capacity or seasonal demand spikes.
- Hybrid applications: Gain the ability to freely move your applications between on-premises and cloud.
Benefits of VMware Cloud on AWS with Equinix and AWS Direct Connect:
- Security: Bypass the public internet with a secure, direct connection to AWS.
- Predictability: Gain fast, predictable performance by choosing a 1GB or 10GB connection to VMware Cloud on AWS and AWS Services.
- Sovereignty: Specify the location of your data using Equinix’s 200 data centers and 25 Direct Connect locations worldwide.
- Privacy: Establish a private connection to VMware Cloud on AWS & AWS Services to comply with data privacy laws.
- Cost: Pay for only what you use with automated near real-time billing.
- Latency: Reduce latency to as little as 1 millisecond per round trip.
- Throughput: Increase data transfer speeds using a dedicated (non-shared) connection to AWS.
Currently, VMware Cloud on AWS is delivered, sold and supported globally by VMware and its partners with availability in the following AWS Regions: U.S. West (Oregon), U.S. East (N. Virginia), Europe (London), Europe (Frankfurt) and Asia Pacific (Sydney).
AWS Direct Connect services are currently offered in Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers located in Amsterdam, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Osaka, São Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., Helsinki, Madrid, Miami, Paris, Rio De Janeiro, Toronto*, New York*, Hong Kong*, Dubai, Dublin*, Dusseldorf, Melbourne*, Manchester, Zurich and Warsaw—covering more markets than any other data center provider. (*tethered via partner)
- Contact us: VMwareOnAWS@equinix.com
- VMware Cloud on AWS at Equinix: http://info.equinix.com/VMwareOnAWS.html
- VMware Cloud on AWS at Equinix blog: https://blog.equinix.com/blog/2018/08/29/building-a-powerful-hybrid-vmware-infrastructure-with-vmware-cloud-on-aws/
- Equinix website: www.equinix.com
- About Equinix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETnBEfaIfm0
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. In 52 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.