We were proud to preview VMware Cloud Marketplace at this year’s VMworld.
The VMware Cloud Marketplace enables customers to discover and deploy validated third-party solutions and services on VMware-based SDDCs, such as VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Cloud Provider Partners.
Today, we are excited to announce a beta version as the next phase of our Cloud Marketplace journey.
In this release, select customers will be able to exercise the deployment functionality of Cloud Marketplace for the very first time. Using their own license, customers can deploy their validated third party solutions directly to their VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC.
VMware Cloud Marketplace Beta Release
VMware Cloud Marketplace offers the ability to browse and filter validated third-party products and solutions, view technical and operational details, and facilitate Bring Your Own License (BYOL) deployments.
VMware Cloud Marketplace Beta integrates with VMware Cloud on AWS. Customers can make their third-party solutions visible and available from within their VMC on AWS SDDC vCenter console, enabling them to configure and deploy solutions from within their content libraries.
Key Benefits of Cloud Marketplace
- Discovery – Quickly explore and discover third party solutions and services across numerous categories.
- Validation – Customers can trust the quality of solutions offered because they are validated and tested by participating partners throughout the solution lifecycle.
- Ease of use – Customers gain access to solutions and services when and where they need them.
- Ease of business – Customers will receive a single unified invoice from VMware showing VMware products/services as well as those from third-parties, all in one place
- Hybrid cloud support – Customers have freedom from cloud lock-in for third party content, allowing VMware to offer new hybrid cloud deployment capabilities not possible with any single cloud provider.
- Simplified lifecycle management – VMware Cloud Marketplace leverages VMware Cloud Assembly, which enables customers to easily build, provision and iterate on infrastructure and applications in line with DevOps principles.
There is already a lot of interest from our partner and customer communities, with some organizations beginning to play with our new deployment features.
Our goal is to build VMware Cloud Marketplace as the de facto source for customers looking to enrich their VMware based SDDCs with validated third party software solutions and services.
Initially, we’ll support deployment of solutions only to VMC on AWS, however, over time, we plan to expand our support to cover all VMware-based SDDC compute platforms. This includes VMware Cloud Provider Partners, VMware® Cloud PKS, VMware® PKS, vSphere on premise, and others.
Partners and Customers – How to Get Involved!
If you’re interested in learning more and participating in the beta program, visit Cloud Marketplace and sign up.
If you would like to stay up to date with Cloud Marketplace news and future releases, please select “stay informed” on our Cloud Marketplace home page.