Since we launched VMware Cloud on AWS last year at VMworld, we have received many requests from our customers and partners regarding expansion of the service to the Asia-Pacific region. We delivered on this promise in August with the launch of the service in the Asia-Pacific (Sydney) Region, and we are pleased to announce today that we’ve expanded our footprint to include the Asia Pacific (Tokyo) Region.
As a customer in Japan, this means you can:
- Run, manage, secure and protect production applications in a seamlessly integrated hybrid IT environment without having to purchase custom hardware;
- Deliver rapid time to value with the ability to spin up an entire VMware Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) in the AWS Cloud in under two hours and scale host capacity in minutes;
- Accelerate cloud migrations from months and years to weeks and days by eliminating the rework tax needed to re-architect enterprise applications with consistent infrastructure across vSphere-based private clouds and the AWS Cloud.
- Innovate and respond to changing business demands with the enterprise capabilities of VMware SDDC for any app, coupled with the elastic infrastructure of the AWS cloud, and the breadth and depth of AWS services
- Use familiar skills, tools, and processes for managing cloud environments with consistent operations for improved productivity, and reduced costs
- Flexibly choose where to run apps based on business needs. Seamlessly move workloads bi-directionally between vSphere-based private clouds and the AWS Cloud
- Leverage established on-premises enterprise security, governance and operational policies and extend that with the cloud scale and security that AWS Cloud brings
VMware Cloud on AWS enables enterprise IT and operations teams to continue to add value to their business on the AWS cloud, while maximizing their VMware investments, without the need to buy new hardware. This offering provides a solution for customers to quickly and confidently scale up or down capacity, without change or friction, for any workload with access to native cloud services.
VMware Cloud on AWS is powered by VMware Cloud Foundation, the unified VMware SDDC platform that integrates VMware vSphere, VMware vSAN and VMware NSX virtualization technologies and enables customers to run applications across vSphere-based private, public and hybrid cloud environments. Jointly engineered by VMware and AWS, this on-demand service is optimized to run on Amazon EC2 dedicated, elastic, bare-metal infrastructure. In addition to the functionality, elasticity, and security that AWS provides, customers also get access to the broad range of native AWS Cloud services. VMware Cloud on AWS is delivered, sold and supported by VMware and its partners.
VMware Cloud on AWS is offered across AWS Regions providing a robust and hardened cloud infrastructure to enable compelling use-cases over time. These use-cases include a) Cloud Migrations – application migration, data center consolidation/migration, infrastructure refresh; b) Data Center Extension – for seasonal demand spikes, incremental capacity for new projects, regional/geo expansion needs, virtual desktops, new application development activities; c) Disaster recovery and backup d) next-gen applications and application modernization.
Since we announced the availability of VMware Cloud on AWS service last year, we have delivered five major releases of VMware Cloud on AWS. Listening to our customers and partners requests for faster regional delivery of VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and AWS CEO Andy Jassy recently announced the global rollout plan for VMware Cloud on AWS.
So today, VMware Cloud on AWS is available in seven major AWS commercial regions: AWS US East (N. Virginia), AWS US West (Oregon), AWS Europe (London), AWS Europe (Frankfurt), AWS Europe (Ireland), AWS Asia Pacific (Sydney) and AWS Asia Pacific (Tokyo), and it is going to be available soon in AWS US East (Ohio) and AWS US West (N. California), thus serving the needs of our multi-national and regional customers.
We have observed that VMware Cloud on AWS customers expect transparency as well as independent verification of security, privacy, and compliance controls. The VMware Cloud on AWS service undergoes independent third-party audits on a regular basis to provide assurance to our customers that VMware has implemented industry leading controls. VMware Cloud on AWS has been audited for most of the key industry certifications such as ISO 27001, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, SOC 1 (SSAE18 / ISAE 3402), SOC 2, SOC 3 and HIPAA. Also, VMware Cloud on AWS complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
So, what are you waiting for? Start your hybrid cloud journey with VMware Cloud on AWS. Here are some of the resources to give you more information about the service:
- Learn more about the service: https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws
- Get started now: http://vmwa.re/vmc-getstarted
- VMworld US 2018 Recorded sessions on VMware Cloud on AWS
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudaws to get latest news and announcements and give us a shout out with #VMWonAWS.
- Check out our YouTube channel