We wanted to provide a quick and easy way to help customers get started with VMware Cloud on AWS. Today it is our pleasure to announce the VMware Cloud on AWS Quick Reference Poster. This poster is divided up into five sections, each with hyperlinked headings, providing additional information. The Firewall Rules section is the exception, in this each of the sub-headings are clickable instead of the main heading. The poster is also a good visual representation of the different types of connectivity within VMware Cloud on AWS.
May 2019: the poster has been updated to reflect the latest networking architecture of NSX-T
Here is a brief breakdown of the five different sections and their content:
- Infrastructure Overview: A high-level diagram showing the relationships between the on-premises data center, the VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC, and native AWS services.
- HCX Enterprise Network: A detailed diagram covering the HCX components, connectivity, flows, and ports utilized between the on-premises data center and VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Direct Connect Topology: This section shows the components and overall topology of utilizing AWS Direct Connect (DX) for connectivity between the on-premises data center and VMware Cloud on AWS.
- NSX-T AWS Connected VPC: This diagram presents an overview of how communication occurs between the VMware Cloud on AWS VPC and a customer’s VPC if they are utilizing AWS native services.
- Firewall Rules: The final section includes a list of the common firewall rules used between the on-premises data center and VMware Cloud on AWS for the Management Gateway, HCX, and Site Recovery.
Resources to learn more
Visit the VMware Cloud on AWS website
Follow VMware Cloud on AWS on Twitter and give us a shout with #VMWonAWS
YouTube: Demos, Overview videos, Webinars, Customer stories: http://www.vmware.com/go/vmwonawsvideos
Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Hands-on Lab: https://www.vmware.com/try-vmware/vmc-aws-hol-labs.html
Latest articles: https://cloud.vmware.com/community/vmware-cloud-on-aws/