VMware Cloud Marketplace collates validated third-party solutions, designed and tested to run on VMware-based platforms. Meet the vendor solutions currently available on VMware Cloud Marketplace.
Leverage Your Cloud Investments with VMware Cloud Marketplace™
Figure 1: VMware Cloud Marketplace (TM) Business Overview
VMware Cloud Marketplace™ enables customers to find and deploy validated third-party solutions and services on VMware-based platforms such as VMware Cloud (VMC) on AWS and VMware Cloud Provider Partners (VCPP). By utilizing relevant vendor solutions through the Marketplace, customers can augment and optimize the use of their cloud environments – fully leveraging investments in the cloud.
Currently in Beta, the service has nine vendor solutions published and ready for use by customers. These solutions range from back-up and recovery to end-point protection, helping address important requirements of our customers on their cloud environments.
Figure 2: VMware Cloud Marketplace (TM) Beta II Vendors (as of 5/1/2019)
Vendor Solutions on VMware Cloud Marketplace (Beta II)
Back-up & Disaster Recovery
- Commvault Complete™ Backup and Recovery allows for effective protection, monitoring and management of data in a hybrid infrastructure. The software also gives customers the ability to quickly provision, recover, lifecycle and transform VMs, and extend data protection policies to VMs – wherever they reside.
- DellEMC Avamar facilitates fast, daily full backups for virtual environments, remote offices, enterprise applications, network-attached storage (NAS) servers, and desktops/laptops through integrated variable-length deduplication technology.
- DellEMC Data Protection NetWorker Virtual Edition brings together a full range of on-premises and cloud data protection – including backup-to-disk, backup-in-cloud, LTR to cloud, ProtectPoint backup, snapshot and replication management, and tape – under a common management interface.
- Veeam® Availability Suite™ allows users to create simple backups from VMware Cloud on AWS to all storage formats including disk, cloud and tape; back-up data to Amazon Glacier, Veeam Cloud Connect or on-premises locations; and migrate or replicate workloads from VMware-based data centers to the cloud.
Endpoint & Network Security
- Bitdefender® GravityZone utilizes a layered next-gen endpoint protection platform that allows for prevention, detection and blocking capabilities through machine learning techniques, behavioral analysis and continuous monitoring of running processes.
- Thales Vormetric Transparent Encryption delivers data-at-rest encryption with centralized key management, privileged user access control and detailed data access audit logging.
- Trend Micro™ Deep Security™ offers a single, integrated product to secure enterprise workloads on VMware technologies, as well as public cloud vendors, giving organizations automated security and single security dashboard across the hybrid cloud.
- DellEMC Unity Cloud VSA provides the elasticity and scalability of the public cloud’s enterprise file capabilities (e.g. tiering, quotas and snapshots) in an SDDC environment. The solution also enables Cloud Synch Disaster Recovery between on premises-deployed Dell EMC Unity family systems and VMware Cloud-based appliances.
- F5® BIG-IP® Virtual Edition is an Application Delivery Networking (ADN) solution that provides traffic management, optimization, acceleration, security and load balancing for VMware virtualized environments.
Our goal is to build VMware Cloud Marketplace™ as the de facto source for customers looking to enrich their VMware Cloud environments with validated third-party software solutions and services.
We currently support deployment of solutions to VMC on AWS, and plan to expand support to cover all VMware platforms, such as VMware Cloud Provider Partners, VMware PKS, vSphere, and others.
Vendors and Customers – How to Get Involved!
Vendors and customers interested in learning more can visit VMware Cloud Marketplace™ partners page. If you are interested in participating in the Beta, email us at:
If you would like to stay up to date with VMware Cloud Marketplace™ news and future releases, please select “stay informed” on our VMware Cloud Marketplace™ home page.