VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud (US) has reached the next step in the FedRAMP Authority to Operate (ATO) at the High Impact Level. The service brings VMware’s rich SDDC software to the AWS GovCloud, allowing U.S Public Sector agencies to securely run applications across vSphere®-based environments with optimized access to AWS services.
VMware is excited to announce that in a little over 6 months since the Initial Availability of VMware Cloud™ on AWS GovCloud (US), we have achieved the next step in the FedRAMP Authority to Operate (ATO).
VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud (US) is now FedRAMP In-Process at the High Impact Level.
This service brings VMware’s rich Software-Defined Data Center software to the AWS GovCloud (US) Region. It enables U.S Public Sector agencies to securely run production applications across vSphere®-based hybrid cloud environments, with optimized access to AWS services. Jointly engineered by VMware and AWS, this on-demand, scalable service enables U.S Public Sector IT teams to seamlessly extend, migrate, protect and manage their cloud-based resources with familiar VMware tools. With the same architecture and operational experience on-premises and in the cloud, IT teams can now quickly derive instant business value through the AWS and VMware hybrid cloud experience.
Let us take a closer look at the key aspects of this service:
Secure infrastructure to meet stringent security and privacy controls:
- Leverages the extensive certifications of AWS GovCloud (US).
- Deployed on dedicated, elastic bare-metal Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) infrastructure.
- Utilizes FIPS 140.2 compliant cryptographic modules for encryption and key management.
- On path to achieve FedRAMP High authority to operate (ATO).
- Operated by VMware employees who are U.S. citizens on U.S. soil.
- AWS GovCloud (US) is managed by Amazon employees who are U.S. citizens on U.S. soil. For more details on AWS GovCloud (US), please click here.
Industry-leading capabilities for production applications:
- Run, manage, and protect production applications in a seamlessly integrated hybrid IT environment delivering:
- Predicta ble, high-performance compute with vSphere running on bare-metal AWS EC2 infrastructure
- Zero-click enterprise-class storage with vSAN delivered on NVMe Flash storage, local to the cluster
- Advanced networking & security services with NSX-T, including micro-segmentation
- Innovate and respond to changing agency demands with the rich capabilities of VMware SDDC for any application, coupled with the elastic infrastructure of the AWS GovCloud (US), and the breadth and depth of AWS services. Availability features such as vSphere HA, resource management features such as vSphere DRS and Elastic DRS are enabled out of the box.
- Seamlessly move workloads bi-directionally between vSphere-based infrastructure and the AWS GovCloud (US) Region.
Simple and consistent operations to eliminate retraining and rework:
- Continue to use established on-premises governance and operational policies and extend that with the cloud security and availability that AWS GovCloud (US) brings.
- Accelerate cloud migrations from months and years to weeks and days by eliminating the rework associated with re-architecting production applications with consistent infrastructure across vSphere-based infrastructure and the AWS GovCloud (US).
- Eliminate re-training by using familiar skills, tools, and processes for managing cloud environments with consistent operations for improved productivity, and reduced costs.
- Take advantage of VMware’s world-class U.S. Federal Technical Support team for all your support needs.
Flexible cloud consumption with rapid time to value:
- Deliver agility and rapid time to value with the ability to spin up an entire VMware Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) in the AWS GovCloud (US) region in under two hours and scale host capacity in minutes.
- Align costs to your business needs with flexible consumption options and investment protection.
- Consume on-demand hourly or take advantage of one-year and three-year reserved models for deeper discounts.
- Learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud by visiting our dedicated website at: https://cloud.vmware.com/govcloud. If you are interested, please contact your VMware or AWS sales teams.