We’re excited to announce that as of today, the R5/Elastic vSAN Instance for VMware Cloud on AWS is extending availability to nine additional regions. This instance type reduces costs and provides additional low-latency storage for customers with high-storage, capacity-intensive requirements. Read on for the full list of availability regions.
In June 2019, we launched a new instance type: R5/Elastic vSAN for VMware Cloud on AWS, for customers with high-storage, capacity-intensive environments. E.g. data warehouses with modest performance requirements, where storage capacity consumption grows at a much faster rate than compute capacity needs.
With this new instance type, VMware Cloud on AWS offers SDDCs with VMware Elastic vSAN, running on the Amazon EC2 R5.Metal instances, to reduce overall costs and provide more storage. Elastic vSAN utilizes high-performance, low-latency Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) storage. It combines the enterprise-grade storage capabilities of VMware vSAN with automated provisioning and management of Amazon EBS volumes. You can read more about this capability in our introductory post on Elastic vSAN.
Initially, we launched this capability in 4 regions: US East (N. Virginia), US East (Ohio), US West (Oregon) and Europe Central (Frankfurt). Today we are happy to announce that R5/Elastic vSAN will now be available in 9 more regions.
R5/Elastic vSAN is now available in the 13 regions listed below:
– US West (N.California)
– Canada (Central)
– Europe (Ireland)
– Europe West (London)
– Europe (Paris)
– Asia Pacific (Seoul)
– Asia Pacific (Singapore)
– Asia Pacific (Sydney)
– Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
– US East (N. Virginia)
– US East (Ohio)
– US West (Oregon)
– Europe Central (Frankfurt)
You can check out all the pricing related information for these regions on the VMware Cloud on AWS website.
If you want to learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS, here are some resources for you:
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS website or by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview.
- Learn about features and capabilities of VMware Cloud on AWS in this Evaluation Guide.
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudaws and give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Hands-on Lab for a first-hand immersive experience.
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Obtain the VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager and VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Brief.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release notes on continuing update.s
- Read Technical Guides on Operations, Applications, and Performance.
- Explore Feature Walkthroughs of Deployment, Configuration, Networking, and more.