VMware Cloud on AWS is now available in 16 regions and supports six major currencies to help customers access the service easily from anywhere. Due to changes in hardware costs, processes, exchange rates, and inflation, we’ve made some price adjustments to many of these international regions. Most of these changes will lead to a decrease in costs. See the article for the full list of changes.
VMware Cloud on AWS brings VMware’s enterprise class Software-Defined Data Center software to the AWS Cloud, and enables customers to run production applications across vSphere-based private, public and hybrid cloud environments, with optimized access to AWS services and robust disaster protection. Jointly engineered by VMware and AWS, this on-demand service enables IT teams to seamlessly extend, migrate and manage their cloud-based resources with familiar VMware tools. VMware Cloud on AWS is delivered and supported by VMware and its partner community. Customers can purchase VMware Cloud on AWS from VMware, AWS or their respective partner networks. With the same architecture and operational experience on-premises and in the cloud, IT teams can now quickly derive instant business value from use of the AWS and VMware hybrid cloud experience.
VMware Cloud on AWS has continued to expand its footprint and the solution is available in 16 regions globally today. We support six major currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, AUD and CNY) to help customers consume the service conveniently and easily. As you know, in software business, price changes (increases or decreases) happen from time to time for variety of reasons such as hardware cost changes, process changes, exchange rate fluctuations, inflation, etc. For VMware Cloud on AWS as well, we are making some price adjustments on Nov 2, 2019 in many of the international regions. These price updates are resulting from a variety of factors including lower costs of hardware and improvements in both internal systems and processes.
For VMware Cloud on AWS host pricing, depending on the type of Amazon EC2 bare-metal instance type selected (i3.metal or r5.metal), customers can expect to see price changes in USD and local currencies. For example, for a VMware Cloud on AWS host based on the AWS i3.metal hardware:
- In AWS Regions such as Tokyo and Ireland, customers can expect to see up to a 4-5% pricing decrease
- In AWS Regions such as London, Frankfurt and Sydney, customers can expect to see up to a 2-3% price decrease
- There are no price changes for VMware Cloud on AWS in the AWS US Oregon and N. Virginia Regions.
- Finally, customers can also expect to see slight price increases (less than 1%) for VMware Cloud on AWS in certain AWS Regions.
- These changes are effective starting November 2nd, 2019 or the first day of VMware, Inc.’s Fiscal Q4’2020.
The free online VMware Cloud on AWS pricing calculator allows you to explore different service subscription terms by instance type and associated costs in different regions.
Overall, VMware Cloud on AWS offers meaningful economic and technical benefits as compared to other cloud alternatives. With VMware on AWS, a cloud service built on trusted VMware SDDC technologies, the customers will be able to navigate through the cloud migration journey with great confidence and efficiency. To understand more about the cloud economics on VMware Cloud on AWS, you can check out our TCO tool here and/or contact our cloud economist group at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS, check out these resources below:
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS websiteor by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview.
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudawsand give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Lightening Lab for a first-hand immersive experience.
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Obtain the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Briefand VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release noteson continuing updates.
- Read Technical Guideson Operations, Applications, and Performance.
- Explore Feature Walkthroughsof Deployment, Configuration, Networking, and more.
- Listen to VMware Cloud on AWS podcast: http://vmwa.re/vmc-podcast
- VMware Cloud on AWS: Cloud Economics: https://cloud.vmware.com/cloud-economics
- VMware Cloud on AWS for mission critical workloads: https://cloud.vmware.com/workload