VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud (US) has announced a number of updates. The service – available today in the AWS GovCloud (US-West) region – now features new SDDC capabilities, simple migration, powerful automation, and enhanced operations and support. Find out more.
Today we are pleased to announce several exciting updates to VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud (US). VMware has been operating this service successfully for the last 12 months in AWS GovCloud (US) – with Federal, Defense, State, and Local Government customers deploying hybrid cloud topologies and extending their data centers to the public cloud.
The service is available today in the AWS GovCloud (US-West) region and hosts can be purchased either on-demand or in 1-year or 3-year subscriptions.
New SDDC Capabilities
- Support for the just released VMware Cloud on AWS Commercial SDDC bundle (1.9), including new versions of vSphere, vSAN, and NSX-T
- Deploy SDDCs using i3.metal hosts in just under two hours and add additional hosts in just over 10 minutes
- Provision highly resilient Stretched Cluster SDDCs across three availability zones in AWS GovCloud US-West
Simple Migration Capabilities
- Easily vMotion live Virtual Machines (VMs) using Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility
- Seamlessly manage your on-prem and cloud data centers with vCenter Cloud Gateway
- Consistently distribute VM templates and ISO images using vCenter Content Library
Powerful Automation Capabilities
- PowerCLI support for common provisioning tasks including creating SDDCs and adding Hosts
- End-to-end automation with Terraform including providers for vSphere, NSX-T, and VMware Cloud on AWS
Enhanced Operations & Support
- Customers now gain 24×7 access to expert VMware US Federal Technical Support
- VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud (US) is now operated exclusively by engineers with US citizenship located on US soil
- On the FedRAMP marketplace, we have achieved “In Process” status for FedRAMP High Authorization and continue to progress towards full Authority to Operate (ATO)
For more information about VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud (US), pricing, and to get started please visit cloud.vmware.com/govcloud or contact your VMware or AWS sales team.
- View the latest status of features in the public roadmap
- Learn more about the offering by reviewing the service description
- Learn about key features and capabilities in the solution brief
- Watch the VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud(US) on-demand webinar
- Catch up on prior announcements: