Looking for improved commerce experience to manage and control your infrastructure costs? If you purchase VMware Cloud on AWS from AWS or one of its partners, AWS Billing and Cost Management Platform helps them organize, report, forecast, and optimize their cost and usage.
VMware Cloud on AWS provides a platform for running customers’ enterprise workloads of today and tomorrow. With VMware Cloud on AWS, customers can start their modernization journey with minimal disruption to their business. They can rapidly extend and migrate their applications to the cloud in an AWS Region of their choice without the need to refactor the applications. Working with AWS, our preferred public cloud partner for all vSphere-based workloads, VMware is delivering innovations that give you more capabilities to deploy, move, connect and protect applications at scale.
In this post, we will take a look at how we are improving our customers’ commerce experience with the AWS Billing and Cost Management Platform. The AWS Billing and Cost Management Platform support for VMware Cloud on AWS reflects a deepening of the partnership between AWS and VMware, and it delivers an integrated commerce experience in addition to the product level integrations that exist today. When customers purchase VMware Cloud on AWS via AWS or through AWS Partners, AWS Billing and Cost Management Platform helps them organize, report, forecast, and optimize their cost and usage.
There are several capabilities that deliver an enhanced commerce experience when customers purchase from AWS or via a Managed Service Provider (MSP) that is part of the AWS Partner Network.
Key highlights include:
- Increased access to programmatic financial benefits
- When purchasing through AWS, you can take advantage of AWS Enterprise Agreements and field promotional programs like the AWS Migration Acceleration Program (MAP)
- Pay for your 1-year or 3-year subscription with monthly installments
- Enhanced visibility and ease-of-use
- Deliver a unified, granular view of VMware Cloud on AWS usage and cost information along with all other AWS services from AWS billing and cost management console
- MSPs in the AWS Partner Network can leverage the VMware Cloud Provider Hub for a full view of VMware Cloud on AWS charges, including tenant charges
- Comprehensive financial management capabilities
- Use AWS Cost Explorer and other AWS cost management capabilities for VMware Cloud on AWS workloads and environments, in addition to CloudHealth by VMware
Please read the documentation for more details.
Stay tuned for more and if you have any questions or want to learn more, please reach out to your VMware or AWS sales representative.
Learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS
Explore more VMware Cloud on AWS learning resources:
- Learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS website or by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview.
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudaws and give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Visit the new VMware Cloud on AWS Techzone for curated technical documentation.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Lightning Lab for a first-hand immersive experience.
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Download the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Brief and VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release notes and VMware Site Recovery release notes on continuing updates.
- Read Technical Guides on operations, applications and performance.
- Listen to the latest episodes of the VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged Podcast