Latest Articles

June 23, 2016

5 Signs it’s Time to Replace Your In-House Monitoring Platform (Grafana + Graphite, or Others)

Last month, I began a market research project to interview Wavefront customers to capture why they selected us and how they’re getting value from our ‘unified cloud monitoring with real-time analytics’ platform. Many Wavefront users are DevOps teams in revenue-generating SaaS businesses. Developers, DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, Tech Ops– all…

Read more

April 25, 2016

How to Monitor Containers with cAdvisor and Wavefront

We’re always looking for new ways to give visibility into complex architecture using Wavefront.

Read more

April 21, 2016

Why is Operational Anomaly Detection So Hard?

As the CTO of Wavefront, I spend a lot of time on the road meeting with our customers. It never fails to amaze me how they’ve managed to apply Wavefront to a broad variety of use cases, even ones that we never considered when we initially built the platform —…

Read more

March 10, 2016

Knowing Your Vitals: Application Performance Management with Wavefront

The situation is tense: people yelling at one another, monitors flashing with numbers, charts going in all sorts of directions — the pressure is on to figure out what’s going on and how to fix it. It is, perhaps, just another day at the ICU of a typical hospital, where,…

Read more

March 2, 2016

Optimizing AWS Costs and Capacity Planning with Wavefront

Wavefront can be used as a tool to help plan capacity and optimize AWS costs. We’ll use Wavefront’s AWS integration, which allows us to get AWS billing and EC2 data. Let’s go through some examples of useful charts that can be created to accomplish these goals. We will look at…

Read more