Latest Articles

February 13, 2019

VMware Cloud on AWS delivers capabilities to run and protect applications with more flexibility

VMware Cloud on AWS is a seamlessly integrated hybrid cloud service that serves the needs of our customers across cloud migration, data center extension, disaster recovery and next-generation applications. Since we launched in August 2017, this service is available globally across 10 AWS Regions and multiple Availability Zones. We are…

Read more

February 13, 2019

Significantly cut application licensing costs by using the new VMware Cloud on AWS feature Custom CPU Core Count

Do you have mission-critical applications in your environment licensed on a physical core basis? Are you tired of paying for all the compute cores on a server but using only a fraction of them for your workloads? We have great news for you: VMware Cloud on AWS now supports Custom…

Read more

February 13, 2019

New! Connectivity Checker Makes it Easier to Protect Your Workloads

It’s winter time, and Yours Truly is down with the flu… In order to ensure fast recovery times, I needed a prescription filled out. I kept calling the pharmacy to see if it’s ready, but there was no answer. Turns out I was dialing the wrong number. Similarly, customers who…

Read more

February 6, 2019

Behaviors and Biases: Understanding Cloud Economics

You can tell when an idea becomes mainstream when it appears in multiple, primetime, weekend, broadcast TV Ads. From an IT perspective, cloud computing has clearly mainstreamed, with promotions from Amazon Web Services, Adobe, and IBM. Cloud computing has become a big deal not as a result of hype, but…

Read more

February 4, 2019

VMware’s Pat Gelsinger at IBM Think: Hybrid & Multi-Cloud by Design

Join Pat Gelsinger for his keynote session at IBM Think 2019, Hybrid, Multicloud by Design. Accelerating the Enterprise Cloud Journey, February 13, 1:30 PM - 2:10 PM.

Read more