Latest Articles

August 14, 2017

Not to Miss @VMworld: Mike Wookey, CTO on the Future of Cloud Management

Spotlight session MGT3138SU at VMworld 2017 Las Vegas: What’s on the Horizon: Cool Emerging Technologies in Cloud Management In this spotlight session, Mike Wookey, VMware Cloud Management CTO, and our top engineers will talk about what we see on the cloud horizon, and how cloud management will be evolving. These…

Read more

August 8, 2017

How the Docker-experience Inspired vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC)

The old adage, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” did not apply to VMware when it came to developing vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC). Rather, we took the concept of something that was working in spades and created a product with even more functionality. Docker, an open platform for developers…

Read more

August 8, 2017

Cloud Management Sessions Lineup at VMworld 2017 Las Vegas

With just three weeks left until VMworld 2017 Las Vegas, I would like to help you navigate through the impressive lineup of cloud management-focused sessions that are available to you. Designed to give you a comprehensive overview of the VMware’s Cloud Management Platform (CMP) and other cloud management products and…

Read more

July 26, 2017

VMware Cloud on AWS – Predictable Capacity Provisioning

In preparation for the VMworld Session LHC2971BU – Managing Your Hybrid Cloud with VMware Cloud on AWS which I’m co-presenting with Emad Younis, I asked the following question on Twitter: And the number of answers were overwhelming. The stories were a bit underwhelming. Funny to see that we strive to…

Read more

July 26, 2017

Highlights from the ContainerDays 2017 Conference

Containers took over Hamburg, Germany for a few short days in late June as the second annual ContainerDays conference transpired. Nicknamed “Tor zur Welt,” meaning gateway to the world, Hamburg served as an ideal locale for the conference as a gateway into the future of containers. German software company Loodse…

Read more