Latest Articles

April 18, 2017

Dissecting Cloud Architectures: Getting the Best of All Worlds

I frequently speak with architects, CTOs, and CIOs about the challenges of determining where, how, and when to leverage public cloud resources.

Read more

April 13, 2017

How to Monitor Containers Efficiently at Scale?

Use Wavefront metrics! I’m excited to share our new Wavefront Container Monitoring Application live with you next week at DockerCon 2017 in Austin, Texas. Our customers love the power, speed, and flexibility of Wavefront’s query-driven analytics. To help developers and DevOps teams get immediate value out of Wavefront unified metric…

Read more

April 10, 2017

Containers are Leaky Abstractions (and other truths I hide from my kids)

I recently sat on a panel at the ContainerWorld 2017 conference, discussing the maturity model of containers — and where we were (as an ecosystem) on the spectrum from stable technology, to monitoring, to basic management, to being part of the “invisible background” of technology infrastructure like TCP/IP stacks. All…

Read more

April 3, 2017

AWS Lambda Serverless, Automatic Rollbacks, and Wavefront Monitoring

Automatic rollbacks are a way to quickly revert back to a previous version of your application to limit the impact to your end users. Typically, the application developer specifies what the conditions are to a monitoring system, and if those conditions are met, the application is reverted to a previous…

Read more

March 16, 2017

Metrics vs. Logs Dilemma: Selecting the Right Platform for Monitoring Your Cloud Services (part 3 of 3)

In my last blog, I reviewed basic metrics vs. logs differences. In this final blog of the series, I will dive into the comparison further and help you recognize situations when it’s better to use metrics and when logs. Let’s start with a comparative analysis of logs vs. metrics, summarized…

Read more